“God will either give us what we ask or give us what we would have asked if we knew everything he knows” - Tim Keller, Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God
Our beliefs about prayer & remembrance:
- Prayer is a conversation with God (Jeremiah 29:12-13).
- God hears our prayer (1 John 5:14).
- God wants us to seek him through prayer (Lamentations 3:25).
- God wants us to pray for healing (James 5:14-15).
- Through Jesus, God answers prayer (John 16:24).
- God knows our prayers even before we pray them (Isaiah 65:24).
- We need some element of faith to pray (Hebrews 11:6).
- All prayers are answered (Mark 11:24). Some immediately, some after a period of waiting, and some prayers God is still in the process of answering
- Prayers are answered differently.Sometimes 'Yes', sometimes 'No', and sometimes not in the way we expect.
- An answered prayer is a gift from God and should be treated as such (1 Peter 4:10-11).
- We have a responsibility to share our answered prayers with others (Rev 12:11).
- Our conversations with God should include giving thanks (Philippians 4:6).
- God is more interested in the journey and our growth than the answer. To align ourselves with His heart, we should focus on the journey as much as the answer (Colossians 3:1).
- God never changes, He has no favourites. If He has answered one specific prayer at one moment in time He can do it again (2 Corinthians 1:10).
Eternal Wall has been featured on